Author Topic: "cannot send PM because_____" [various reasons given]  (Read 6910 times)

pagoden

• Senior
  • USA, MD, Silver Spring
"cannot send PM because_____" [various reasons given]
« on: August 21, 2015, 23:00:33 »
Dear Moderator/Webmaster,

Recent efforts to send a PM to Dimitri Seretakis have failed.  First symptom was a sort of passive locking up where inputs/edits to PM copy following Previewing were denied without explanation; just not possible to alter copy, or even in desperation to send as was.  Got past that by Copying text and Inserting into new PM-composing page.  Then when sending that PM copy (with minor edits successfully performed) lots of red-letter copy showed up informing not possible to send as addressee mailbox full.  My mailbox page informs me that my mere 121 messages occupy 12.1% of available space, so I found this possible but not necessarily reasonable in Dimitri's case and tried again, with the red-letter response that time being both more concise and more disturbing, claiming not to be able to find "dseretakis" among our members.  [He's there when I look; indeed I've been using his Member page to Compose and attempt to Send.]  Oh, and each attempt to send erases the address, whatever that may signify.
Sorry to bring yet another PITA to your plate, I remain in awe and very appreciative of your efforts and accomplishments in this respect for lo, these many years and thus remain

Your Respectful & Obt. Svt.,
Denny   ;~)    Best, Peter
1968/69 280SL, just+100k mi, manual 4, 3.46, both tops, 717/904

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
Re: "cannot send PM because_____" [various reasons given]
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 23:30:51 »
Dennis,
have you read this post?
http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=19572.0
If his mail box is full - and yes that means more than a mere 10 emails - you can try as often and as adventurous as you want to be your mail will NOT go through. Sorry!
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)