Author Topic: Wiring guide for rear European fog light  (Read 3306 times)

zoegrlh

• Gold
  • USA, VA, Williamsburg
  • Beauty from top BCW
Wiring guide for rear European fog light
« on: December 18, 2014, 22:45:38 »
Does anyone have an original European fog light on SL.  This red light is mounted under the riverside rear bumper, and has a pull switch knob (green) in the center console, behind the ashtray.  I am in the process of trying to re-connecting this light to the switch, however, I have no wire in the trunk to this light, but do have the switch in place.
Thanks,
Bob
Robert Hyatt
Williamsburg, VA.

W113, 1970 280SL, Red leather 242 on Silver Gray Met. 180, 4-speed stick, Euro spec, restored
R172 2012 SLK350, Black Premium leather 801 on Mars Red 590, 7-speed auto
W211, 2007 E320 Bluetec, Cashmere MB Tex 144 on Arctic White 650, 7 speed auto

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Wiring guide for rear European fog light
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:57:04 »
Hi Bob,

I thought that switch was for the hardtop optional heated rear window?
I would have thought that if you switch the front fogs on through the light switch, you'd also switch the rear fog on.

Perhaps Achim knows...

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

mmizesko

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Gold
  • USA, OH, New Albany
Re: Wiring guide for rear European fog light
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 16:47:23 »
Guys,

The rear defrost switch on the 70/71 113's was in fact behind the ashtray with the power running to the front under the dash with a timer relay, back to the switch, and then back under the b pillar cover to a pigtail for the hardtop.  The fog light switch on the later ones looked identical to the defroster, and sat next to it behind the ashtray.  I do not know where the wiring went, but I have seen switch mounts on the console with two adjacent circular holes.

Mike Mizesko
Columbus, OH
1970 280SL 291H Dark Olive