Author Topic: Headlight Bezel Differences USA ????  (Read 3753 times)

rb6667

Headlight Bezel Differences USA ????
« on: November 22, 2014, 23:40:06 »
Are there any bezel differences between the early and late years?   70-71 used the large amber lenses .....but other than that, are there any differences?  Said another way, will the early small amber lenses fit in the later chrome bezels?   

Thanks

Jonny B

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, San Marcos
Re: Headlight Bezel Differences USA ????
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 03:46:31 »
Try the search function, limit to topics, I used "headlight door -euro" and got less than a page of hits. I think you will find what you are looking for. I also limited the search to "General Discussion" and "Instrument and Electrical"
Jonny B
1967 250 SL Auto, DB 568
1970 280 SL Auto, DB 904
1966 Morris Mini Minor

rb6667

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 14:25:16 »
Thanks for the response.  I had searched prior to the original post, but could not quite find the answer I was looking for.  I have 2 of the chrome USA bezels that apparently were on a 70 Pagoda.    They look very similar to the older bezels but not exactly.  Are the chrome bezels the same on all years regardless of what type of lenses are used?  I don't see the fender notches on these bezels that my 68 has.   They are factory bezels however and are marked Bosch.   

Many thanks

GGR

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, DC, Washington
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 14:43:14 »
I may be wrong, but I think the chrome bezels are the same on all cars, including euros, but they should have the notches.

I often see W114 bezels advetized as w113 ones. They are more squarish and I don't think they have the notches.   You should post pictures, it will help determine what you have.

rb6667

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 19:06:08 »
Your post pointed me in the right direction.  You are correct.  These bezels are from the 114/115.  Part # on the bezel and the lens confirms it.  These were given to me so nothing lost.

They do look very similar to our Pagodas.  Easy to make a big mistake if you were buying these and they were not advertised correctly.  Buyer beware!

Thanks for the information.