Author Topic: Nice day for a ride, finally  (Read 3261 times)

49er

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, El Dorado Hills
Nice day for a ride, finally
« on: October 19, 2014, 20:48:04 »
 Has been an awful summer here with high temperatures and forest fires all around us. Well the fires are out (mostly) and today was in the upper 70's so we put the top down and had a nice ride in our old friend. I am continually amazed at this car as it is alway eager to go for a run and performs beautifully. Sure a lot more fun to drive then our Toyotas :D. We stopped in front of this rather futuristic new home that I took a picture of a few months ago while it was under construction and is now completed. As I said back then, our cars will look right at home in the future as they always have these past 50+ years :)

John
1969 280SL 003820
Un Restored, All Original, including the paint
Original Owner, Purchased September 18, 1968
4 speed manual, PS. 77217 miles
7280 miles since awoken from her 20+ yr "nap" in 2010

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Re: Nice day for a ride, finally
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 21:31:46 »
You are so right John, she looks right at home.

I'm always amassed how many people will not give our cars a second look since they so look ... what is the word again "timeless" :) while others recognize her as to be a classic and give us the thumbs up!

We had a great summer and whenever I can (when my caregiver is in my house looking after my wife) I'm off with my toy :) if only down the road for a nice Italian ice cream :)
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL