Author Topic: putting power steering pump back together  (Read 2771 times)

jan lauwers

• Senior
  • Belgium, Antwerpen, Geel
putting power steering pump back together
« on: January 13, 2014, 15:44:51 »
Hello folks!

Let me start by saying how much I like this site. I am finding out that Haynes and MB books do contain a lot of info, but not sufficient to cover everything we need.

I have a leak in the power steering pump and also at the bottom of the steering house (I'll send another post about that one!).
I am tackling both items at once, now that the fluid is off. The posts that I have found on this site here have been of incredible value to me.

I have opened the pump, seemed pretty straight forward...However, even though I took pics while I was opening it, one detail has escaped my attention. The central rotor has a slightly different shape on its 2 sides..that is: one side has a slightly conical form close to the centre, the other side does not have that. I attache two pics to show what I mean... I have pointed with the screwdriver to the location of the conical form.

Can anybody tell me please how the rotor should be put back in, in other words, on which side does the cone have to sit? (side of the spring or axe side?)

Many thanks and have fun!

Jan Lauwers, Geel, Belgium

280 SL 1969, Automatic  
Jan Lauwers, Geel, Belgium 

White 280 SL 1969