Author Topic: a ride in winter on sunny days  (Read 3227 times)

Rodolfo

a ride in winter on sunny days
« on: December 25, 2013, 11:42:26 »
Sometimes I drive the car for a while in the winter (8 to 10 degrees Celsius, 45 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit)). On days after rainy period: so sunny but still a lot af humidity in the air and woods.
Maybe when parking the car, by cooling down, water condensates all over in all areas ofthe car? So it could be even worse then in rainy warm weather?

What are all your opinions?

Rudy

Basil

Re: a ride in winter on sunny days
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 21:30:28 »
To my opinion, moisture condensates on objects that are cooler than the environment, so there should not be a problem.

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Re: a ride in winter on sunny days
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 00:58:22 »
Snowflakes were gently falling this afternoon and my naighbour had his entire family at home for Christmas (I'm not that luckey my family members are spread all over Europe). There was a knok on the door and my neighbour wanted to show show my little blue tornado to some of the famaly members visiting him today. So "why not I said" and removed the cover from the little Pagoda then pulled both cars out of the garage. Once they all went back inside I snapped a few photos, don't know if the old girl ever saw or fealt snowflakes before.

Some of you might know, we had a lot of snow it all melted away the week before the Holidays. Then last Sunday we had an Ice Sturm in Eastern Nord America, still hundreds of thousands have no power. The snow you see in the photos below is the result of some of it that we had since Christmas eve. One day I like to take her for a run in the snow, only the salt trucks are quite efficiiant and timely once snow falls in our area. I just don't want to expose the old girl to this salty environment.

Anyway, this afternoon she had a taste of some gentle falling snowflakes in my driveway :) sharing some photos with you of my snowey photo shoot  ;D 

Now it's time to put the cars back into the garage and dust off the dry snow flakes of the old girl make sure she is nice and dry before I hide her again till spring under her cover. Ops I left the passenger side door open, have to make sure none of them snowflakes found there way inside.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:03:48 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL