Author Topic: wind deflector  (Read 42640 times)

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
Re: wind deflector
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 11:38:09 »
Mine sits on the rim of the top bay and the lid holds it in place.  When I first used it it rattled a bit so I put several layers of electrical tape where the four ‘hooks’ sit.

How about a photo of what you have there Michael.

Garry
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2014, 12:03:00 »
OK.

Here you can see the clamps with the soft top lid lifted. Notice the clamp (at the right) at the rear isn't quite "straight"; I'll have to remove that clamp and bend it into compliance. Notice also that it isn't firmly seated at the rear (on the right). This is a bit of lifting since the soft top cover is up. On the front clamp, it won't seat down all the way since the compartment wall has a bit of a bump out in it.

With the soft top cover down, and since I squeezed the clamps with a Channellock, it's a bit better but not firmly seated. With the soft top cover up, it's all over the place.

Will require a bit of work to properly mount, I think.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

billhon

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2014, 21:25:39 »
I have a window deflector manufactured by love the drive out of Canada. Bud's sells these. It works great and very simple install. Cost $375.

Bobmog

• Junior Level
  • USA, WY, Cheyenne
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2015, 22:47:29 »
billhon, can you raise and lower the soft top with the wind deflector installed but folded down, or do you have to remove the wind deflector from the car to move the soft top up and down? The details from the Bud's Benz site are very limited and from the angle of their photo it looked questionable weather the soft top would clear the deflector even folded down.
Thanks,
Bob

RAY

• Silver
  • United Kingdom, England, Bromley
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2015, 17:49:21 »
Just a late comment, i recently ordered a wind deflector from Classic Additions at the NEC Classic Car Show in Birmingham UK only because i noticed they now do them in different coloured leather surrounds. ordered one in cream leather should be about a week before it arrives.